Last week was a hard week for me. I was feeling quite down. I was frustrated with my kids, my husband, the lack of organization around my house, the lack of time to clean, cook, wash, fold, put away, etc... The list could go on and on. Thankfully, I made it through the week and we got away for the weekend (see previous post).
This week, in contrast, has been full of blessings.
(1) Megan and I have stayed on track with school and she has been so great with it. She mostly loves doing school but once in a while she just isn't in the mood. She has had such a great attitude about getting her work done.
(2) I got to do my grocery shopping for the week... BY MYSELF!!! It was kind of late Monday night, but I went alone and actually semi-enjoyed myself. I bought the things I needed to do quite a bit of homemade meals to eat this week as well as freeze portions for future meals.
(3) I have already done a good amount of my cooking. It feels good to see my freezer filling up with good homemade food rather than things like Tyson chicken nuggets and chimichangas.
(4) I exercised at home on Tuesday morning (the kids joined me and it was quite funny!) and went to Body & Soul on Wednesday morning. Despite the fact that I feel like I'm struggling to learn the routines, I had a good time being there.
(5) I got a call from a friend that I rarely get to see. She was going to be in the area and wanted to have lunch together. Even though we had to bring my little zoo with us, we had a wonderful time catching up and visiting.
(6) Megan got invited to have a play date with her friend Grace for a few hours this afternoon. So after lunch I dropped her off. She has missed spending time playing with Grace so I know the girls will have a wonderful time together.
(7) While Megan has been with her friend, I got both Joshua and Sofia down for naps. When I started this post they were both asleep. Joshua is now sitting in my lap watching me type and Sofia just started crying. That's ok though. I got about 45 minutes of quiet time. Enough to feel refreshed for the rest of the day.
(8) This afternoon while I was in my car the temperature said 68. 68 in January!!! The windows are open in my house and it feels so good! I believe God sent this warm day just for me! It's exactly what I needed. Everyone else in this part of the country is getting to benefit from my extra special blessing! Your welcome!!!
(9) Tonight I get to go to a bible study that has been "on-hold" since before Christmas. Many complications have come up among the group of ladies that I meet with. We are having a casual get together tonight to catch up with one another. I have missed these ladies so much and look forward to spending some much needed time with each of them. Even if I have to bring all three kiddos with me, it will be great to see everyone.
So, that is a little about my week... and it's only Thursday. I'm sure tomorrow will be wonderful too. I have plans to get together with another friend and her son. The kids love playing together and I know Sara and I will enjoy some time to visit too.
Here are a few pictures of the kids from this week.
Hope you had a wonderful week too!!!
2 months ago