Sunday, May 17, 2009

My mother's day gift

For Mother's Day I asked for 2 new storm doors (I know, exciting stuff!) for the front and back doors. Jaime told me I could only get one for the front door. So, last weekend we picked out a door and brought it home. Yesterday, Jaime got started and the project quickly went from a simple storm door installation to a major project. The wood under the door was completely rotten and needed to be replaced. The more he took out the more he found that needed to come out. It just got worse and worse. In the end I ended up with two new doors, just not the two I initially wanted. He ended up deciding to replace the front door too! The project isn't completed yet. It will take him a while to get all the wood under the house replaced. (He's super busy at work so this project will have to wait until next weekend, I think.) For now the new front door is only wedged in place, no nails, no nothin'. Just the deadbolt!

Before:


During:



It just kept getting worse and worse!

I'll post some after pictures once it's all done!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Wow... this sounds familiar! I can't wait to see the finished product!!!